The Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California is soliciting detailed proposals from individuals and/or firms interested in serving as the Prosecutor for the Washoe Tribe in the Washoe Tribal Court, a court of general jurisdiction. The Prosecutor is responsible for all prosecutor duties related to adult criminal and juvenile delinquency matters for the Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California. Successful candidates must have the ability to earn the respect of all who appear in Tribal Court and must be able to work effectively with Tribal Members and pro se parties.
Successful applicants will meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Licensed attorney in good standing with a state bar association.
- A minimum of one year of prosecutorial experience.
- No criminal or misdemeanor convictions involving a crime of moral turpitude in the last seven (7) years.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and requirements.
- Knowledge of tribal laws and codes, modern tribal court practices, judicial procedure, and rules of evidence.
- Knowledge of federal laws and regulations pertaining to Native Americans and tribal organizations.
- Knowledge of tribal governments and criminal and civil procedures.
- Ability to work with judges, law enforcement, probation, social services, the legal department, and court staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to confer and cooperate with neighboring counties in a professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and negotiate legal actions.
- Ability to interpret applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
Interested individuals or firms should provide résumé, references, detailed work experience, and identify hourly rate and estimated total cost of providing competent prosecutorial work.
Proposals may be mailed or hand delivered, as long as four (4) copies are physically received at Washoe Tribal Headquarters. Faxed, emailed, or electronic proposals are not acceptable. This Request for Proposals is open until filled. Any information required or questions regarding this RFP should be addressed and/or delivered to:
Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California
If Mailing: 919 Hwy 395 South
Gardnerville, NV 89410
If Delivering: 919 Hwy 395 South
Gardnerville, NV 89410
Attention : Kim Trovato
Phone Number: (775) 265-8600
Fax Number: (775) 265-8651
For more information, see the Washoe Tribe website.