The Rocky Mountain Office of Earthjustice, located in Denver, Colorado, is seeking applicants for two Associate Attorneys to begin work in the summer or fall of 2016.
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters and citizens to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
- Law school graduate by fall of 2016 admitted to, or willing to apply for admission to, the Colorado State Bar.
- Excellent research, analytic, writing and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, sound yet creative judgment.
- Strong desire to fight for the right of all to a healthy environment.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Commitment to public interest work and a passion for the role of Earthjustice and its mission.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package, including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a:
- One or two page cover letter that addresses: 1) aspects of your background that are relevant to the qualifications listed above; 2) why you are drawn to Earthjustice’s mission and whether there are particular legal, environmental or justice issues that inspire you; and 3) how your time at Earthjustice would contribute to your career aspirations.
- Writing sample, preferably a legal brief or memorandum that primarily reflects your work.
- Law school transcript.
- List of three references.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
For full application, click the following link: Associate Attorney-Rocky Mountain Regional