The Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians is Seeking a General Counsel.
Temecula California 92592
PECHANGA INDIAN RESERVATION Temecula Band of Luiseño Mission Indians P.O. Box 1477, Temecula, CA 92593 Telephone (951) 770-6000 Fax (951) 695-1778 Email: HR@PECHANGA-NSN.GOV
The Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians is accepting applications for the position of General Counsel.
Under the direction of the Tribal Council to the Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians, the General Counsel provides legal services, representation and advice on legal issues confronting the Tribal Government and its entities and enterprises. Legal matters include a broad variety such as contract law, employment law, administrative law, real estate matters, Indian gaming regulation, taxation, tribal jurisdiction, environmental law, cultural resource preservation, child welfare, and legislation. In addition, the General Counsel researches and writes complex legal opinions, prepares drafts of contracts, notices, ordinances, resolutions, and other legal documents.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Must possess Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA accredited law school.
· Must be a Member of the California Bar and licensed to practice law in the state of California.
· Must have a minimum of 7 years experience in practicing law in both the state and federal arenas, with emphasis in Indian Law and a comprehensive understanding of tribal sovereignty and tribal jurisdictional matters.
· Must have previous experience working as General Counsel.
· Extensive practical experience working within California on issues such as American Indian law, gaming law, family law, contract law, employment law, cultural matters, environmental law and water issues preferred.
· Must have the ability to lead and manage a staff of attorneys and support personnel.
· Must have the ability, flexibility, and willingness to travel when required.
· This position must comply with the Pechanga Tribal Government’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy. This includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident or injury, and random testing.
· Must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Position closes April 29, 2015. For complete Job Announcement and application go to: WWW.PECHANGA-NSN.GOV. Send resume and application to HR@PECHANGA-NSN.GOV
Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/classifieds
The Pechanga Tribal Government will at all times and for all positions give hiring, transfer and promotion preference to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Pechanga Band of Luiseño Mission Indians Members; 2) Pechanga Band of Luiseño Mission Indian Member Spouses; 3) Other American Indians; and 4) all others.