Navajo Housing Authority
Job Location: Window Rock, Arizona – Executive Office
Salary: $130,000-170,000 DOE
Closing Date: Monday, December 3, 2018 at 5:00 PM
This is an advanced, /stand-alone classification encompassing incumbents responsible for providing in-house counsel and legal services to NHA leadership and the Board of Commissioners. Incumbents possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge of the legal field to actively guide and support NHA’s ongoing operations. Responsibilities may include conducting legal research and developing legal opinions; overseeing compliance activities; contracting issues, and conducting litigation including all related research and document preparation. Incumbents will actively participate in monthly Board of Commissioners Meetings. Incumbents operate with considerable latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions by virtue of their expert level knowledge and experience. Assignments generally require the interpretation and application of broad organizational policies and objectives into defined programs or services. Safety is a critical factor with NHA and all employees will adhere to Safety Policies and ensure Safety is how we perform our duties.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited ABA law school
• Five years of legal work experience.
• Active member of the Navajo Nation Bar Association and state license in Arizona, New Mexico, or Utah required.
• Knowledge of HUD and NAHASDA laws, regulations, rules, procedures, and requirements
• Substantive knowledge in the following areas, preferable: Indian Housing Programs, Indian Law, Construction Law, Business or Corporate Law, Economic Development, Personal Injury, Insurance Law, Workers Compensation, Federal Environmental Law, Federal, State, and Navajo Litigation Practice, Employment or Navajo Preference in Employment, Real Estate Transactions, Landlord or Tenant Law, and/or Mortgages or Financial Transactions.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit or upload their resumes and transcriptions on our NHA website at http://www.hooghan.org/ by the closing date to be considered for the position. All applicants are subject to background investigation and must have a valid driver’s license. Failure to submit required documents on-line shall be considered incomplete. If you have any questions please contact NHA Human Resources at (928) 729-6623.
To download full job description and application information, click here.