Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Pay Rate: $89,975- $143,959
Under direct supervision the General Counsel is responsible for providing legal advice on matters affecting the Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California. Prepares legal research and writings as required; reports to Tribal Council the findings of all assigned tasks. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Degree of Juris Doctorate or Bachelor of Law Degree from an accredited law school and five years increasingly responsible experience representing clients in the legal field.
- Must be admitted to the bar of the States of Nevada and/or California.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California or Nevada driver’s license or capable of obtaining one within thirty-days (30) of employment.
- Must be able to be insurable by the Tribe’s Driving Policy.No felony convictions, nor misdemeanor convictions, which involve a crime of moral turpitude.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
- Preference will be given to qualified Native Americans.
For full job description and how to apply, see the following link: