Gila River Indian Community
Job Number: 18-098
Department: Office of General Counsel City: Sacaton, AZ
Location: 525 W. Gu U Ki Road
Salary/Hourly Rate: $105,776 Salary
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The Senior General Counsel is responsible for a wide range of legal tasks and supervision of assigned attorneys and staff within the Office of General Counsel. This position assists the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel in providing legal advice and legal representation to the Community.
- Supervise junior attorneys and staff in the Office of the General Counsel to ensure proper day-to-day performance.
- Assist in the representation of the Community in legal matters in the Community (Tribal) Court, state court, federal court and administrative bodies.
- Represent the Community as an attorney in commercial and other transactions.
- Advise Community departments, agencies and programs on various issues including compliance issues and policy drafting.
- Advise the Community Council and assists in revising laws and ordinances of the community.
- Provide advice on laws, regulations, court opinions and staying abreast of legal developments in order to provide up to date advice to Community departments, agencies and programs.
- Prepare legal opinions and other memoranda on a wide range of issues.
- Draft and review resolutions, contracts and intergovernmental agreements.
- Participate in training for junior attorneys and staff in the office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For full job announcement, click the following link: gric-job-posting
Visit the GRIC website and apply online: www.gilariver.org