Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Indian Health Service
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-PX-1557161-ESEP/MP
- Provide employee relations and labor relations advisory services based on knowledge of Federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Perform case and situation analysis of problems and apply knowledge and skills to solve diverse disciplinary issues, and provide accurate direction and instruction for procedural requirements on adverse and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain a sound working relationship with other Federal agencies, especially the Department of Labor (DOL), the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), and the Office of Regional Counsel (ORC) to ensure a viable program.
- Advise management on appropriate procedures and practices to avoid unfair labor practices (ULP) changes on proposed actions, and is a technical advisor and/or representative on controversial and complex ULP and grievance issues, to include mediation and impasse proceeding before Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service (FMCS) and Federal Service Impasses Panel (FSIP).
- Provides advisory services on performance management and the function of an employee appraisal program.
- Perform duties associated with Labor Management Relations, including representing the Area Office in meetings and discussions with formal and informal employee groups determining the appropriateness of recognition required by employee organizations under Executive Order 11491; Serve as an advisor to management’s negotiating committee for general agreements and handle grievance cases in accordance with negotiated agreements as appropriate.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit a completed application prior to Midnight Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date: Monday, November 30, 2015
- Click “Apply Online” to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload the Required Documents listed below.
- Please ensure you click the “Submit My Answers” button to submit your application. It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- Applications must be received by the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
- Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking “Application Status,” then “More Information” for this position. Return to an incomplete application by clicking “Apply Online” in the vacancy announcement and re-selecting your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:Rowena Valadez
TDD: (301) 443-6394
Email: ROWENA.VALADEZ@IHS.GOVAgency Information:
Indian Health Service HR Center HR
12300 Twinbrook Parkway Ste 230