One of Arizona’s most dynamic Indian Law practice groups is adding an associate attorney to support the group’s mission of:
· advising tribal governments and tribal corporations in complex legal matters,
· representing clients in tribal courts, and
· assisting private sector businesses in creating appropriate, beneficial enterprises on tribal land.
Qualifications. Desirable candidates will have two or more years of litigation or transaction experience, and they will possess a keen interest in Indian law, economic development, land use, government affairs, gaming and/or litigation matters affecting not only Arizona tribes, but also companies seeking to enter into productive and mutually beneficial relationships with tribal governments.
A DYNAMIC PRACTICE GROUP … A COLLEGIAL PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT
Private Sector Representation. Our strong relationships with tribal governments and knowledge of pertinent federal laws allow us to represent private-sector developers and other types of businesses in economic development efforts on tribal lands. We have successfully assisted our clients in the gaming industry and the development of recreational and commercial enterprises on Arizona reservations.
Tribal Representation. Sacks Tierneys s Indian and tribal relations attorneys regularly represent tribes, tribal corporations and tribal enterprises, as well as individual Native Americans, in all aspects of Indian law. Our tribal clients benefit from our significant expertise in such areas as sovereignty and limited waivers of sovereign immunity; the application of federal and state tax laws to tribal activities; and economic development and advancement efforts being undertaken by tribes. We also offer tribal governments broad experience in real estate, finance, labor and employment, water and environmental, tax, bankruptcy, domestic relations, criminal and dispute resolution.
· GENERAL COUNSEL. Our attorneys serve as general counsel for tribal clients, providing advice on business and governmental issues. We interpret applicable law; attend and counsel at tribal council, board meetings and meetings of tribal membership; and maintain tribal enterprise books and records.
· ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. We have extensive involvement with and expertise in a variety of issues relating to economic development undertaken by tribes and tribal enterprises, either alone or in joint venture with an outside entity.
· TAXATION. Our attorneys counsel tribes and tribal corporations on the intricacies of taxation in forming and operating tribal entities, allowing them to maximize the unique benefits afforded them under federal and state law. We have represented existing tribal entities in resolving disputes with federal and state agencies relating to payment and collection of sales taxes, withholding taxes and income taxes.
Resumes should be e-mailed to email@example.com
Sacks Tierney P.A. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer4250 N. Drinkwater Blvd., Fourth Floor – Scottsdale, Arizona 85251 – 480-425-2600 – www.sackstierney.com