Office of Solicitor
U.S. Department of Interior
Announcement number: SOL-2018-0020
Closing date: 04/23/2018
With an emphasis on high ethical standards, excellence in public service and the delivery of quality legal services, the Office of the Solicitor performs the legal work for the United States Department of the Interior, manages the Department’s Ethics Office and resolves FOIA Appeals. With more than four hundred total employees, three hundred of which are attorneys, the Office strives to provide sound legal services to fulfill the Department’s diverse and wide-ranging mission.
As an Attorney-Adviser with the Department of the Interior, Office of the Solicitor, Intermountain Region, Phoenix Field Office located in Phoenix, Arizona, your specific duties will include:
- Providing advice related to water and power agreements for the Lower Colorado Region, including the Phoenix Area Office, and the Lower Colorado Regional Office located in Boulder City, Nevada..
- Providing advice on and legal services for matters pertaining to project operations, management, and administration of the Bureau of Reclamation for the Lower Colorado Region.
- Providing advice on and legal services on matters relating to laws and regulations of general applicability to Federal agencies, such as the Freedom of Information Act, Federal Advisory Committee Act, federal appropriation laws, and the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Providing litigation support on behalf of the Secretary of the Interior and Interior agencies, primarily the Bureau of Reclamation, to the Department of Justice, and reviewing and analyzing draft legislation and agency policy guidance.
- Involves knowledge of water law; reclamation law; contracts, financial assistance, and cooperative agreements; federal and state litigation procedure; the federal Indian trust responsibility and statutes relating to interactions between the federal government and Tribes; federal environmental laws; the ability to analyze legal requirements and succinctly provide advice and counsel to technical/non-legal professionals; and the ability to interact and negotiate with outside entities, including Tribes, States, and local governmental entities, regarding contracts, agreements, and other matters.
For full job description and to apply, click the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496206900