Job Title: Deputy Administrator
Department: Department Of Housing And Urban Development
Agency: Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing
Job Announcement Number: H12-DE-631002-TC
||$113,735.00 to $147,857.00 / Per Year
||Monday, March 26, 2012 to Monday, April 02, 2012
|SERIES & GRADE:
||Full Time – Permanent
|PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 14
||1 vacancy(s) – Albuquerque, NM United StatesView Map
|WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
||United States Citizens
Join the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Team, if you are looking for a challenging career opportunity and want to be an impact player helping individuals achieve the American Dream! HUD is an integral partner in revitalizing and improving communities across America.
HUD offers a broad array of benefits and program activities to develop your career, such as: professional development opportunities; work assignments that may consist of projects related to different housing program; advanced technology; networking opportunities; and recognition and award for creativity, exceptional performance, and teamwork.
Our mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination; and transform the way HUD does business. For more information about HUD’s mission, activities, and careers, please visit our website at: http://www.hud.gov/.
This position is with the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Assistant Secretary for Public and Indian Housing. The Deputy Administrator is out stationed from the Southwest Office of Native American Programs (ONAP) to the Albuquerque Satellite Office (ASO), and is primarily responsible for coordination of all Area Office (AO) program segments with regard to local program
You may apply to this position if you are a United States Citizen.
Federal Status Candidates (and those eligible to be considered under HUD’s merit promotion procedures) may apply for this position under announcement H12-MP-630881-TC.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
One or more selections may be made using this vacancy announcement.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service Registration if you are a male born after 12/31/1959.
Back to top
The incumbent performs a wide variety of programs and liaison assignments relating to the overall operations of the ASO having responsibility for coordinating technical and administrative operations in support of programs, and for planning and carrying out a local outreach program that illustrates the accomplishment of National ONAP HUD objectives. The incumbent will also perform duties such as:
- Exercises concurrent authority with the AO Administrator on administrative issues affecting day-to-day operation of the ASO. Provides administrative coordination of ASO functions such as managing travel, staff and equipment, supplies and training based upon the Department’s Strategic Plan, ONAP’s Management Action Plan, risk assessments, and a proper balance between allocation and mission accomplishment.
- Represents the Administrator and HUD in meetings and conferences on matters relating to applicable programs based on contacts with tribal officials, tribally designated housing entities (TDHE), the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Indian Health Service, as well as other public and private officials in connection with Native American programs.
- Provides extensive integration and coordination of applicable programs through frequent contact and discussions with the ASO and AO Grants Evaluation (GE) and Grants Manager (GM) Division Directors and staff, the National GE and GM Directors, and the AO Administrator. Provides advice to the AO Administrator and staff on cross-cutting issues relating to policy development, performance oversight, compliance assurance, technical assistance coordination and program implementation of tribes, and other client groups under ASO jurisdiction.
- Plans and conducts on-going outreach to the public and client groups, including Tribal representatives and TDHEs participating in HUD programs. Conducts discussions on program mission, activities, and issues with program recipients to strengthen relationships with ONAP partners and improve the efficiency of ONAP program operations.
- Independently plans, coordinates, assembles, and disseminates periodic reports on the HUD Regional and ONAP Management Actions Plans, and the Department’s Strategic Plan that is relevant to ASO. Prepares an in-depth analysis of the timelines and quality of goal achievement, and recommends improvements to developing and achieving plan goals. Provides technical guidance and general supervision to ASO staff and makes decisions on issues related to the relevant HUD Regional and ONAP Management Action Plans.
Back to top
You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience integrating and coordinating technical and administrative program operations; monitoring program compliance; conducting in-depth analysis, evaluating and recommending solutions to complex policy and program issues. You must have worked with programs that are associated with the Native American Housing Assistance and Self Determination Act (NAHASDA); U.S. Housing Act of 1937; and have knowledge of the Indian Housing Block Grant, loan guarantees, economic development, and community development and how those services relate to tribes, Native Americans and Alaska Natives. Additionally, you must have experience in the budget process, to include knowledge or familiarity with allocations, as it relates to training, travel, supplies, and performance reviews.
Additional information on qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standard Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM’s website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.