Mille Lacs Band Tribal Court
Court of Central Jurisdiction
Closing Date: June 18, 2019
The Law Clerk is responsible for assisting the Tribal Court judiciary with legal research, drafting of court decisions and special court development projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of one year or more at an ABA-accredited law school, including satisfactory completion of a legal research and writing course.
- Demonstrated interest in Tribal and Federal Indian Law.
- Strong legal writing and research skills, including utilization of online legal research database services.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, analyze legal documents, derive pertinent points, and record conclusions.
- Ability to draft legal documents so as to be understood by non-law trained individuals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to read with speed and comprehension.
- Ability to comprehend and record rapid speech.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Moderate touch typing ability.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of documents, computer files and oral communications.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Valid driver’s license, dependable transportation and proper insurance is required.
Submit resume, cover letter, and employment application to: Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe Employment Coordinator 43408 Oodena Dr. Onamia, MN 56359 Fax # (320) 532-7492 e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download full job description here.