Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Nation
Location: Tribal Prosecutor’s Office
Closing Date: June 13, 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
This is a professional position requiring specialized knowledge and skill to represent and act as legal counsel for the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes and its governmental departments in the Tribal Court and such other forums, including other courts, tribunals, alternative dispute mechanisms, and agencies as necessary. The incumbent shall be a fully licensed member in good standing of the State Bar of Montana and admitted, or eligible for admission, to practice in the Tribal Court of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes. The general work is a litigation position and the incumbent shall have necessary education, training, and skills to represent the Tribes in court independently. To the end, the incumbent shall act on behalf of the Tribes with respect to the following matters which are not all-inclusive.
Minimum Qualifications (as reflected on the tribal employment application):
- Must be a member in good standing of the State Bar of Montana. If not admitted, must become admitted within six (6) months of hire to maintain employment.
- Applicant must have no criminal convictions other than minor traffic infractions for which the punishment does not include the possibility of a jail sentence.
- Weekend and off-hour work and occasional Court appearances required.
- Completed Tribal employment application. (Resumes may be submitted but may not replace or supplement the official tribal application.)
- Copies of relevant licenses, academic transcripts and relevant training certificates.
- Provide a writing sample.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
Download job announcement and full job description here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Cory Clairmont @ (406) 675-2700, ext. 1041. FAX (406) 675-2711 or E-Mail: email@example.com