I am writing on behalf of the Arizona State University Native American Law Student Association (NALSA), who will be hosting their 7th Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser on Saturday, November 3, 2012. We are proud to announce the event will take place at Gila River Indian Community’s Whirlwind Golf Club, at the Wild Horse Pass Casino and Resort in Chandler, Arizona. We respectfully request your support for this event.
NALSA’s activities and funds benefit many tribes, peoples and entities throughout Arizona and the United States as our students have come from all across the country. As an organization, NALSA assists students in developing strong legal skills in the practice of Indian law, thus facilitating better advocacy on behalf of Indian tribes and Native people. Annually, ASU NALSA uses the fund from the tournament to bring together students, judges, lawyers, and other professionals from across the country to compete, network, and share ideas about the dynamic field of Indian Law. This year we will be using funds to establish a book scholarship for future law students. Moreover, proceeds from our tournament fund our membership’s attendance of the Federal Indian Law Conference (“Fed Bar”) in Santa Fe, New Mexico, bring speakers to campus, and go towards various outreach projects with local youth, both Native and non-Native.
There are five ways you can support our efforts:
1) Making a monetary contribution;
2) Sponsoring a golf hole. Companies can sponsor a hole for a donation of $150. We will place the company logo on a uniform banner at one of the 18 holes;
3) Sponsoring the golf tournament. Your company or business will be named as one of the golf tournament sponsors on all documents at the tournament for a donation of $500;
4) Making donations for prizes. These may be in the form of money, merchandise, or gift certificates for use at a business, hotels, golf courses, restaurants etc.; and
5) Playing in the tournament. Individual players as well as groups of any size are welcome; we will try our best to keep your group together if it is not already in a team of four.
NALSA is non-profit organization incorporated in Arizona, and is currently pursuing 501(c)(3) status. Should you decide to provide sponsorship, please send your contribution to:
Attn: Connie Goudreau
Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
P.O. Box 877906
Tempe, Arizona 85287-7906
Please feel free to distribute these forms (this email) to all parties who may be interested in giving support.
Thank you for your time,
Governor 15th Circuit,
American Bar Association, Law Student Division
Native American Law Students’ Association, ASU Chapter
J.D. Candidate 2013
Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law