Gila River Indian Community
Closing Date: 11/07/2018
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The Prosecutor III represents the Community in the litigation of the more complex criminal complaints and works with the US Attorney’s Office to ensure serious crimes are federally prosecuted. The Prosecutor III will assist in training of the junior prosecuting attorneys, and must be intimately familiar with professional responsibilities as an attorney.
- Represent the Community in special prosecutions, high profile cases, complex criminal complaints and other matters as assigned.
- Represent the Community in the Community courts at all stages of criminal and civil cases in which the Community is the plaintiff or petitioner.
- Represents the community in Court at arraignments/initial hearings, pretrial/status conferences, review and evidentiary hearings and trials/adjudications in which the Community is the plaintiff or petitioner as assigned, must be largely independent in such abilities.
- Represent the Community in multidisciplinary meetings with the US Attorney’s Office to ensure serious crimes are federally prosecuted.
- Conduct legal research, analysis and document production related to the litigation of criminal cases in the Community courts.
- Draft legal pleadings for the Community in criminal and civil cases.
- Gather and analyze evidence in criminal cases.
- Maintain case files, calendars and databases for criminal cases.
- Assist in the development, revision and modification of the Community’s laws, resolutions and ordinances.
- Represent the Community at meetings, court proceedings and other functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Juris Doctorate Degree from an ABA accredited law school and current membership in good standing with the Arizona State Bar; minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a licensed attorney with specialized and significant experience as an attorney in criminal litigation, including trial experience preferably.