Protective Services Attorney
Department: Office of General Counsel
City: Sacaton, AZ
Location: Family Advocacy Center, 259 W. Seed Farm Road
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The Protective Services Attorney provides support in child welfare, juvenile and adult in need of care litigation on behalf of and representation for the Gila River Indian Community (Community) and Tribal Social Services (TSS).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Considerable knowledge in legal and substantive child welfare, dependency and termination proceedings.
- Knowledge of and experience in application of principles of jurisprudence and legal analysis, including a background in and knowledge of the American Bar Association Standards of Practice for Lawyers Who Represent Children in Abuse and Neglect Cases and the standards for representation set forth in the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges Resources Guidelines.
- Knowledge of and experience in application of the principles of jurisprudence and legal analysis, including a background in and knowledge of Federal Indian Law, juvenile law, and the Indian Child Welfare Act.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, work independently and work with others.
- Ability to clearly and successfully articulate ideas and logical analysis both orally and writing.
- Ability to effectively plan, supervise, and coordinate work of others.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Community Officials, and the general public.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position; agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment with the Gila River Indian Community.
Download PDF job description here – protective-services-attorney
Visit our GRIC website and apply online: http://vss.gric.nsn.us/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx