Department: Per Capita & Representative Payee Program
Reports To: Per Capita Director
Hours: Part Time – 30 Hrs/Wk
Salary: Attorney Salary Scale + Benefits
Provide Legal advice and representation to the Per Capita and Representative Payment Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides legal advice to Director of the Programs, with regard to issues arising under applicable Per Capita and Representative Payment Program Codes/Ordinances.
2. Represents the program(s) in matters pertaining to per capita and the representative payment program in the Puyallup Tribal Court and other courts as needed.
3. Prepares legal documents and filings on behalf of the program.
4. Provide accurate and timely legal research in all relevant matters pertaining to Per Capita and the Representative Payment Program.
5. Work in collaboration with other tribal programs that provide services to the beneficiaries of the Representative Payment Program.
6. Assist departmental staff with legal advice pertaining to Per Capita and Representative Payee Program matters as needed.
7. Prepares and maintains legal and administrative records and reports.
8. Assist the Director of the Per Capita and Representative Payment Program with all other duties as assigned.
How To Apply:
Submit application and resume postmarked by the closing date to:
Human Resource Department
Puyallup Tribe of Indians
3009 East Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
Note: Applications & copies of job announcements available at Rm. # 157 or online at www.puyallup-tribe.com
Download job description here.