Maier Pfeffer Kim Geary & Cohen LLP
Apply by: 07/11/2021, 11:30pm MST
Maier Pfeffer Kim Geary & Cohen LLP represents American Indian tribes and organizations. We provide comprehensive services to our tribal clients involving all aspects of tribal government and tribal rights, and provide services on such matters as governmental programs, policies and legislation, business development and financing, real estate and land use, business transactions, protection of Indian children, cultural resources and governmental affairs.
The firm’s partners have devoted their entire careers to the furtherance of Indian and tribal rights and their 150 years of collective experience representing California Indian tribes is highly valued by our clients. In addition to the partners, all of our associates are highly experienced, sophisticated attorneys. We believe in collegiality, mutual respect and maintaining a level of staffing that allows the firm to quickly provide needed services to our tribal clients who utilize us as general counsel for their governmental and commercial entities while at the same time allowing us to maintain a healthy work-life balance. This is an excellent opportunity for an attorney seeking professional growth and stable employment in a practice that will fully utilize their training, knowledge and experience in federal Indian and tribal law.
We are seeking an attorney with experience in representing tribal interests.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school;
- Status as an active member in good standing of the bar of CA or willing to sit for the next CA bar exam;
- Ability to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area;
- Two or more years experience working with Indian tribes or tribal entities;
- Proven skills in effectively communicating with tribal clients, opposing counsel, and federal/state/local agencies:
- Excellent analytical, research, and writing abilities;
- Experience drafting transactional and governmental documents; and
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities include all the duties that typically are required of tribal attorneys
We offer very competitive compensation and full benefits
Interested candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1970 Broadway Suite 825, Oakland – CA, United States (USA), 94612