Tribal Policy Specialist
Policy Development & Government Relations Division
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Close date: 1/28/2020
- This position will support ADE on interpreting and navigating the tribal governance structures and education policies, as well as analyze and communicate to tribal nations on the intersection and potential impact of state and federal education policy and legislation, and hold the following responsibilities;
- Analyze the impact of legislation and regulations on tribal nations and native students;
- Conduct outreach and gather input from tribal nations and other relevant stakeholders;
- Provide policy guidance and consultation to tribal nations and ADE staff on the impact of new or amended laws, programs, and appropriations;
- In-state and out-of-state travel is required for this position.
- Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
- Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
*Select Department of Education Category then Click Tribal Policy Specialist