Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court
Description of position:
Under the supervision of the Chief Judge, the Law Clerk is required to:
- Conduct legal research on relevant statutes and cases; analyze legal issues presented by administrative records; communicate findings of research to tribal court judges either orally or by succinct memoranda.
- Review legal pleadings, motions, briefs, transcripts, and recordings.
- Draft memoranda of decision and orders for pending Tribal Court cases.
- Attend hearings as requested by the tribal judges.
- Prepare special projects such as editing decisions for publication and developing proposed amendments to Mashantucket Rules of Civil Procedure.
The annual salary is $50,000 plus benefits.
- Submit a cover letter addressed to “Chief Judge,” resume, law school transcript (official or unofficial), a brief legal writing sample, and a list of 2-3 references. Letters of recommendation are preferred, but not required. Transcripts and letters of recommendation may be included in the application packet or sent under separate cover. Applications are accepted via U.S. mail and/or e-mail.
- Additionally, applicants must submit an online application via https://www.foxwoods.com/careers/. Click the Apply Now link, select Tribal Government and search for key words “law clerk.”
Applicants will be considered on such criteria as academic standing, law review or journal experience, moot court, other significant research or writing experience in the field of Native American law, prior employment, and faculty, employer or personal recommendations.
- Apply via: https://www.foxwoods.com/careers/
- Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply via Mail to: Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court P.O. Box 3126, 101 Pequot Trail Mashantucket, CT 06338-3126