Closing Date: 12/21/2018
The Chief Judge presides over and ensures the proper operation for the Yavapai-Apache Nation Tribal Court. The Chief Judge is the primary judicial officer of the Tribal Court and administrator of the Nation’s Courts.
- AZ State License Attorney or eligible, in good standing required.
- Three (3) years full-time and/or equivalent judicial experience required.
- Two (2) years judicial administrative experience required.
- Experience in Tribal Courts or other courts of limited jurisdiction, knowledge of
- U.S. laws regarding Indian Nations, Tribes and familiarity with Indian reservation communities desired.
- Experience in court procedures.
- Adhere to Judicial Ethics of the American Bar Association.
- Possess a high level of competence, ability to carry out legal thinking reconciling the principles and the particular circumstances of the person and the issues.
- Must have good verbal & writing skills. Excellent communication skills required.
- Prior supervisory management experience required.
- Must be able to use computers and have PC skills in Microsoft Word,
- WordPerfect, Microsoft Excel, Windows 95, Quicken and Access.
- Ability to make effective presentations, explain the legal reasoning used on controversial or complex topics.
- Have the capacity to remain open-minded, manage case workload efficiently.
- Respect their peers and their constituencies.
For application and information, go to: