Native American Rights Fund (NARF)
Boulder, Colorado Office
Position: Staff Attorney
Closing date: April 3, 2017
Description: The Native American Rights Fund is a non-profit national Indian law firm representing Indian tribes, organizations and individuals in Indian law matters of major significance. NARF’s main office is in Boulder, Colorado, with additional offices in Washington, D.C. and Anchorage, Alaska. NARF is looking for an experienced attorney with excellent research and writing skills to assume a litigation docket. NARF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary: Representation of NARF’s clients, assistance to LMC in considering RFAs, and approved appearances at relevant conferences.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to and investigates requests for assistance (RFA) as directed by the Litigation Management Committee and makes recommendations to the Litigation Management Committee concerning the specific legal issues involved in each RFA and whether or not NARF should undertake representation.
- Undertakes representation of NARF clients as requested by the Litigation Management Committee. Assumes all the professional responsibilities of the attorney-client relationship.
- Enters time records as required by NARF policies and practice.
- Prepares reports for and attends Board of Director meetings, as requested.
- Conducts workshops, participates in panel discussions, or consultations with other programs as requested by the Litigation Management Committee.
- Assists in the preparation of legal materials in those areas of his/her expertise.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Litigation Management Committee.
Application Procedure: Submit a cover letter, complete resume (including representative sample of litigation matters), three letters of reference and a writing sample to: Karla Bowman, Office/HR Administrator, Native American Rights Fund, 1506 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80302 or by email to email@example.com.