Office of the Solicitor
Closing Date: September 2, 2016
As an Attorney-Adviser with the Department of the Interior, Office of the Solicitor, Intermountain Region, Phoenix Field Office located in Phoenix, Arizona, your specific duties will include:
- Providing advice on and legal services on matters relating to laws and regulations of general applicability to Federal agencies, such as, but not limited to, the Freedom of Information Act, Federal Advisory Committee Act, Federal Tort Claims Act, federal appropriation laws, and the Federal Acquisition Regulation, Touhy requests, and similar matters.
- Providing litigation support on behalf of the Secretary of the Interior and Interior agencies, to the Department of Justice in federal, state, or administrative litigation.
- Reviewing and providing advice on draft legislation and policy guidance for Interior agencies.
- Providing advice on and representing Interior agencies in administrative tribunals, such as the Interior Board of Land Appeals, Interior Board of Indian Affairs, the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, and other administrative tribunal.
- Providing advice on land management issues, such as, but not limited to, environmental compliance and restoration, trespass, acquisitions, title opinions, and issues associated with managing the federal water delivery systems.
- Providing advice on and representing Interior agencies on employment and labor law issues in administrative and judicial cases and matters.
For full job description, click here.