What is JCDC?
The purpose of the Judicial Conduct and Discipline Commission (JCDC) is to review, investigate and, when appropriate, adjudicate allegations of misconduct regarding judges who serve in the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Community’s court. The Commission’s primary focus is judicial behavior, not judicial decisions.
Now accepting applications for the following:
- One sitting, retired or former municipal, federal, state or tribal judge (who is not currently a sitting judge of the SRPMIC court);
- One licensed Attorney admitted to and in good standing with the Arizona State Bar Association or other state bar association, does not practice before the SRPMIC Court but has experience in Federal Indian law and working with Indian tribal communities;
- One SRPMIC Community member with or without legal, advocate or judicial experience
Requirements (must meet the following):
- Commit to a four year term (one of the newly appointed commissioners will serve a two year term).
- Not convicted of a felony or two or more misdemeanors in the past 7 years.
- Must undergo a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must be able to objectively hear complaints regarding judicial conduct.
- Must meet on an as needed basis to attend meetings and hearing.
Commissioners will be paid $500.00 per hearing/meeting OR a guaranteed minimum of $2,000.00 per year.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
For more information visit the following website: