The Klamath Tribes Judiciary has a part-time Chief Judge (contract position) opening for individuals who can meet following requirements:
– He/She must be an enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Indian Tribe;
– Never been convicted of a felony, not been convicted of a misdemeanor within 12 months previous to effective date;
– Never been dishonorably discharged from the military;
– Has a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited school of law;
– No disciplinary proceedings initiated or proceedings against him/her;
– Has not been found in violation of the Code of Professional Responsibility by any bar association of any jurisdiction of the United States, its territories or any Federally Recognized Indian Tribe;
– Has not been disbarred or suspended from the practice of law in any jurisdiction of the United States, its territories or any Federally Recognized Indian Tribe.
The Klamath Tribes Judiciary will provide the following compensation to individuals who may qualify:
– $125.00 billable rate per hour. Not to exceed a monthly amount of $11,125.00 and $105,000.00 per year.
– Travel time at $40.00 per hour up to 16 hours monthly.
For more information regarding this position please contact Calvin Hill, Court Administrator at 541-783-3020.
Klamath Tribal Court
Klamath Juvenile Court
Klamath Peacemaker Court
116 E. Chocktoot Street
P.O. Box 1260
Chiloquin, OR 97624