Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys and the Office of the U.S. Attorneys
Position: Victim Assistance Specialist, GS-301-09
Area of Consideration: Open to Status Candidates
Open Date: July 18, 2017
Close Date: August 1, 2017
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team in the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Tennessee that is responsible for advocating for victims of federal crimes. Typical work assignments will include:
- Reviews literature and research regarding new and developing victim issues to obtain information regarding new programs and services for victims of crime.
- Coordinates with federal investigative agencies to identify cases with victims.
- Receives calls and correspondence from victims concerning a variety of specific difficulties they may experience as a direct result of a crime.
- Provides in-court support during hearings and trials.
- Provides case status updates to victims.
For full job description and application, click here (current federal employees): https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474735900
For full job description and application, click here (public):