Indian Health Service (IHS)
Human Resources Specialist (ER/LR)
- Provide employee relations and labor relations advisory services based on knowledge of Federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Perform case and situation analysis of problems and apply knowledge and skills to solve diverse disciplinary issues, and provide accurate direction and instruction for procedural requirements on adverse and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain a sound working relationship with other Federal agencies, especially the Department of Labor (DOL), the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), and the Office of Regional Counsel (ORC) to ensure a viable program.
- Advise management on appropriate procedures and practices to avoid unfair labor practices (ULP) changes on proposed actions, and is a technical advisor and/or representative on controversial and complex ULP and grievance issues, to include mediation and impasse proceeding before Federal Mediation & Conciliation Service (FMCS) and Federal Service Impasses Panel (FSIP).
- Provides advisory services on performance management and the function of an employee appraisal program.
- Perform duties associated with Labor Management Relations, including representing the Area Office in meetings and discussions with formal and informal employee groups determining the appropriateness of recognition required by employee organizations under Executive Order 11491; Serve as an advisor to management’s negotiating committee for general agreements and handle grievance cases in accordance with negotiated agreements as appropriate.
For full job description and application information, see the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/469417700
Serve as an Employee/Labor Relations Specialist (trainee) for the Phoenix Area IHS working closely with a supervisor/senior employee:
- Assist managers and supervisors in dealing with problem employees and disputes that arise from actions taken in addressing performance and conduct deficiencies.
- Provide support by conducting investigations of the issues, developing written documents, and providing advisory services in dealing with disciplinary, adverse, performance-based actions, grievances, appeals, leave administration and dispute resolution.
- Recommend, coordinate, and provide administration in the areas of employee benefits, reasonable accommodations, worker’s compensation, and work/life programs.
- Research and evaluate laws, regulations, and precedents from regulatory agencies such as Department of Labor, Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), Office of Personnel Management (OPM), etc.
- Assist on Labor Relations (LR) issues such as prepare labor agreements on labor-management proposals, review employee representation, unfair labor practices, arbitration, negotiability, impasses, and other related issues.
For full job description and application information, see the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/469418100