Fredericks Peebles & Morgan LLP is a nationwide law firm dedicated to the representation of American Indian tribes and organizations. We represent tribes and tribal entities in a wide spectrum of services including business transactions, litigation and governmental affairs, in many forums, including state, federal, and tribal courts.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Attorney with 1 – 5 years of tribal and federal Indian law practice for our Rapid City, South Dakota office.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Status as an active member in good standing of the bar with any state jurisdiction
- One to five years of experience working with Indian tribes or tribal entities on a wide array of legal issues such as business transitions, housing, education, finance, gaming, government affairs, litigation, energy, natural resources and taxation
- Familiarity with tribal and federal Indian law
- Excellent analytical, research and writing abilities
- Ability to work well independently and as a team in a fast paced environment
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to attend client meetings and court or administrative hearings at locations throughout North Dakota and South Dakota
- Proven skills in effectively communicating with Tribal clients, opposing co-counsel and federal/state/tribal agency representatives
Your contributions are rewarded with a “Total Compensation” Package including a competitive salary, bonus potential and excellent benefits.
Send your resume today with a cover letter, salary requirements, writing sample, professional references and law school transcripts, if graduated within the last 5 years to:
Ann Hacker, Director of Human Resources
3610 N 163rd Plaza
Omaha, NE 68116
Position is open until November 30, 2013