Employment Opportunity with the
State of Minnesota
|Date Posted:||09/24/2013||Closing Date:||10/08/2013|
|Job Classification:||OMBUDSPERSON FOR CHILD PROTECT|
|Working Title:||Ombudspersons American Indian Families|
|Hiring Agency:||Ombudspersons for Families|
|Salary Range:||$ 19.72 – $ 28.92 hourly, $ 41,175 – $ 60,385 annually|
|Who May Apply:||Open to all qualified job seekers.|
|Work Shift:||Day Shift||Travel Required:||no|
|Days of Work:||Monday-Friday , 8:00 am-4:30 pm||Employment Condition:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Job Duties:||This vacancy is to fill the Ombudspersons for Child Protection for Indian Affairs.
The purpose of the this position is to investigate claims for violation of Federal, State Laws, Rules, Polices and Procedures for Child protection in the area of removal, placement and adoption. This includes policy work and to make recommendations for changes in laws, policies, practices and training.
|Minimum Qualifications:||– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
– Experience working with the American Indian community.
– Experience working with statutory interpretation, Indian Child Welfare Act or other statutes.
– Hold a valid driver’s license and ability to travel around the state of Minnesota.
– Computer skills; word processing, power point, spreadsheets, email etc.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
|Preferred Qualifications:||– Master’s Degree or Juris Doctorate/Doctrine
– Experience working with accounts payable and budgets.
– Experience training professionals and community members.
– Experience presenting training and workshops, etc.
– Public speaking skills and experience in speaking to Judges, the Legislature, Tribes/Tribal Leaders and the Courts.
|Selection Process:||The selection process is a resume-based, skill-matching process. Resumes of all applicants to this posting will be evaluated against the Minimum Qualifications stated above. If your skills match the required skills for this position, the department may contact you.|
|How to Apply:||Most State selection processes utilize a resume-based screening process. You will be contacted by agency staff if your background best matches the selection criteria on this job posting. To apply for this position, click the APPLY box found at the bottom of this job announcement. For additional information about the State’s selection process, go to <http://www.careers.state.mn.us/job-tip>.|
|Contact for more info:||Jodie Segelstrom , firstname.lastname@example.org|
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer
This information can be made available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling (651) 259.3637 or (651) 282-2699 (TTY).
Top of Form
<input type="text" value="
Bottom of Form