Under general direction, provides legal advice and representation to the Gaming Office; representing the Gaming Office in all legal proceedings, and in other matters that affect the legal interests of the Nation’s Gaming Office. The major work activities are generally undefined except in terms of achieving overall organization/department goals. Specific policies, procedures and guidelines are virtually nonexistent except for executive directives and accepted professional standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and reviews contracts, agreements, leases, rights of way and similar documents in order to maintain the best legal interests of the gaming operation.
- Provides legal advice and services on legal issues.
- Studies gaming federal legislation, federal regulations, statutes, ordinances and decisions of judicial bodies.
- Examines legal data and conducts research on assigned legal matters, draft legal memorandums summarizing results and legal conclusions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research; reviewing case histories and rulings; attending workshops, conferences and seminars; establishing networks; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
- Maintains documentation and confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned and contributes to a team effort.