Department of Homeland Security
Customs and Border Protection
Office of Chief Counsel
Closing date: 02/16/2021
In this position, you will become a key member of the legal team for The Office of The Chief Counsel. Typical work assignments include:
- Providing legal advice and services concerning the laws that relate to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) enforcement and operational functions with special emphasis on customs, immigration, investigations, national security, counter-terrorism, and intelligence law;
- Researching the law and prepares legal memoranda, litigation reports, declarations, and other documents in civil and/or criminal litigation or other actions involving CBP;
- Providing current information and legal advice to the field concerning significant changes and other developments in law and jurisprudence;
- Advising policy makers and coordinating legal issues with other agencies and components within the U.S. government and in support of international engagements; and
- Reviewing CBP regulations, policies, and other materials and develops, reviews, and delivers training or other legal presentations as appropriate to support CBP missions.
See full job announcement and application details here.