REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
HOPI JUDICIAL BRANCH
HOPI TRIBAL COURT
The Hopi Tribe is seeking a qualified person to provide Court Solicitor services to the Hopi Tribal Court located in Keams Canyon, Arizona on the Hopi Indian Reservation. The Hopi Tribal Court is located approximately 60 miles northeast of Winslow, Arizona. The Court exercises jurisdiction over a broad range of civil and criminal matters.
A Court Solicitor will be contracted on a short term basis to provide a variety of legal advice, research and related legal services in support of the overall operation and functions of the Hopi Tribal Court and to help ensure that Court proceedings are fair, impartial and efficiently conducted.
– Review statutes, rules, Administrative Orders, policies and procedures, case law, contracts, assessments, strategic plans and other documents;
– Provide opinions, recommendations, alternative solutions and options resulting from review and research.
– Develop forms, policies, procedures, manuals, reports, resolutions, orders, and summaries.
– Proof of graduation from an accredited law school;
– Admitted to practice law before the Supreme Court of the United States or the Supreme Court of any state of the United States and currently in good standing;
– Two years of work experience in Indian Law or Tribal Court.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
– Knowledge of applicable Hopi Tribal, state and federal statutes, rules, Administrative Orders, policies and procedures;
– Knowledge of intergovernmental relations and the legislative process;
– Knowledge of court processes and legal terminology;
– Knowledge of the principles and methods of conducting legal research;
– Skill in understanding and interpreting complex legal issues and matters;
– Skill in conducting legal research;
– Skill in compiling and developing reports;
– Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications;
– Skill in establishing and maintaining an effective and cooperative working relationship with others.
Must never have been convicted of or plead guilty to any felony, nor been found guilty of any crime involving fraud or dishonesty. All offers of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of all reference, checks, education verification (including credentials, licenses and degrees) and background investigation.
Term of services is expected to be six months with the possibility of a longer term.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest including compensation requirements and availability, along with a current resume and the names of at least three professional references by June 1, 2016 to:
Hopi Judicial Branch
Hopi Tribal Court
P.O. Box 156
Keams Canyon, AZ 86034
Phone No. (928) 738-5171
or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org