Maier Pfeffer Kim Geary & Cohen LLP
San Francisco Bay Area
Maier Pfeffer Kim Geary & Cohen LLP is an established law firm located in the San Francisco Bay Area that represents American Indian tribes and tribal casinos on a
wide range of legal matters.
Maier Pfeffer Kim Geary & Cohen LLP is looking for an attorney who has five or more years experience representing
tribes and tribal entities. The firm’s five partners and four associates have nearly 200 years of collective experience representing California Indian tribes and tribal enterprises. We believe in collegiality, mutual respect and maintaining a level of
staffing that allows the firm to promptly respond to our tribal clients who utilize us as general counsel for their governmental and commercial entities while at the same time allowing us to maintain a healthy work-life balance. This is an excellent opportunity for an attorney seeking professional growth and stable employment in a practice that will fully utilize their training, knowledge, and experience in representing tribes and tribal enterprises.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school;
- Status as an active member in good standing with the CA bar or willing to sit for the
next CA bar exam;
- Ability to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area;
- Five or more years of tribal/Indian law experience;
- Proven skills in effectively communicating with tribal councils, gaming management, opposing counsel, and federal/state/local agencies;
- Excellent analytical, research, and writing abilities;
- Experience drafting transactional documents; and
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities include all the duties that typically are required of experienced tribal counsel.
We offer very competitive compensation, relocation expenses and full benefits.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.