Gila River Indian Community
Prosecutor I – Deputy Community Prosecutor
Closing Date: 03/08/2019
Distinguishing features of the class:
The Prosecutor I position involves representing the Community in the litigation of criminal complaints, civil
petitions and juvenile offender matters in the Community courts as plaintiff or petitioner; legal research and
writing; intimately familiar with professional responsibilities as an Attorney.
- Conduct legal research, analysis and document production related to the litigation of criminal and civil cases in the Community courts.
- Represents the Community in Court at arraignments/initial hearings, pretrial/status conferences, review and evidentiary hearings and trials/adjudications in which the Community is the plaintiff or petitioner, as assigned.
- Draft legal pleadings for the Community courts.
- Gather and analyze evidence in criminal and civil cases.
- Maintain case files, calendars and database for criminal and civil cases.
- Assist in the development, revision and codification of the Community’s laws, resolution and ordinances.
- Assist in representing the Community at meetings, court proceedings and other functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To download full job description, click here.