Camp Verde, AZ
Job Title: Chief Judge
Closing Date: 1/28/2019
Description: The Chief Judge presides over and ensures the proper operation for the Yavapai-Apache Nation Tribal Court. The Chief Judge is the primary judicial officer of the Tribal Court and administrator of the Nation’s Courts.
- AZ State License Attorney or eligible, in good standing required.
- Three (3) years full-time and/or equivalent judicial experience required.
- Two (2) years judicial administrative experience required.
- Experience in Tribal Courts or other courts of limited jurisdiction, knowledge of U.S. laws regarding Indian Nations, Tribes and familiarity with Indian reservation communities desired.
- Experience in court procedures.
- Adhere to Judicial Ethics of the American Bar Association.
- Possess a high level of competence, ability to carry out legal thinking reconciling the principles and the particular circumstances of the person and the issues.
- Must have good verbal & writing skills. Excellent communication skills required.
- Prior supervisory management experience required.
- Must be able to use computers and have PC skills in Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Microsoft Excel, Windows 95, Quicken and Access.
- Ability to make effective presentations, explain the legal reasoning used on controversial or complex topics.
- Have the capacity to remain open-minded, manage
How to apply: Please submit your resume and application to: email@example.com
Or you can submit your resume and application to:
Yavapai-Apache Nation / Human Resources
2400 W. Datsi / Camp Verde, AZ 86322
P: 928-567-1062 / Fax: 928-567-1064
Download full job description here.