POSITION DESCRIPTION FOR ASSISTANT PROSECUTOR
ROSEBUD SIOUX TRIBAL COURT
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Assistant Prosecutor will institute Proceedings in the Rosebud Sioux Tribal Court for the arrest and conviction of persons charged with, or suspected of offenses against the people of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe and within the jurisdiction of the Rosebud Sioux Tribal Court. The Assistant Prosecutor works under the supervision of the Attorney General for the Rosebud Sioux Tribe.
1. The Assistant Prosecutor will file petitions and complaints on behalf of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe as provided in the Law and Order Code of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe.
2. The Assistant Prosecutor will represent the Tribe in proceedings as provided under the Law and Order Code of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe.
3. The Assistant Prosecutor will keep a record of all criminal and civil proceedings of the Office of the Prosecutor including actions, proceedings, and the results therein.
4. The Assistant Prosecutor shall perform such other duties as directed by the Chief Prosecutor and or the Rosebud Sioux Tribe Attorney General.
5. The Assistant Prosecutor will serve as Presenting Officer for Juvenile Court.
Minimum of Bachelors Degree in the field of Criminal Justice or a
combination of education and experience. Licensed attorneys are
encouraged to apply.
Must have the ability to draft legal documents.
Negotiable depending on experience based on a five (5) day work week.
For application information please contact:
Rosebud Sioux Tribe
PO Box 430
Rosebud, SD 57555