As the IRLS Program concludes another successful semester in Washington, DC, we are highlighting some only-in-Washington activities that students enjoyed this spring:
- Private evening tour of the US Capitol building with Arizona Representative David Schweikert
- Gettysburg trip led by the McCain Institute’s General (ret.) Ben Freakley elaborating on the difficult choices made by leaders in war
- Career-talk lunch with two former ambassadors exploring careers in the Foreign Service
- Visits to the Dirksen Senate Office Building, the State Department, and other Washington, DC landmarks
- Discussion with a congressional staffer on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee about legislative work on the Hill
We look forward to continuing to expand the extracurricular opportunities for students coming to Washington, DC!