Under the general supervision of the Tribal Court Assistant Director/Chief Judge, the Legal Access Attorney will assist the Yurok Department of Health & Human Services, the Chief Judge and the Yurok Tribal Court in its client services and legal matters. The Legal Access Attorney will complete a variety of professional assignments. The Legal Access Attorney will work closely with the Social Workers, Staff Attorney, Chief Judge and other department staff.
- Must have computer knowledge sufficient to do legal research; ability to use the Internet and e-mail correspondence.
- No convictions for misdemeanor offenses within the last twelve (12) months, no previous felony convictions, or bar ethics violations or on-going ethical violation investigations.
- No findings of a breach of bar ethics. Candidate must disclose if one has occurred or is pending review.
- Highly skilled, both orally and in writing.
- Must have transactional experience i.e., drafting of legal opinions and legislative drafting, etc.
- Experience in Administrative hearings, two (2) years preferred.
- Indian law experience, Yurok Tribe preferred
- Indian Child Welfare Act knowledge, preferred
- Federal, State and local governmental experience